Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Play Date Cafe Challenge PDCC40



Yep!  It's 'Color Splash' week here in The Cafe!
Since our UK Senior Designer Sarah
is this week's host, here's a shout out for her....
It's 'Colour Splash' time!

What's it all mean?
Simple.
Color Splash is Black & White with a hint of color.

This week's color:  Green
any shade is fine...lime, grass, pea, mint
it's YOUR call!

Senior Designer Sarah Anderson offers this
color splash inspiration...


A BIG welcome to our 
newest sponsor....


 Memory Box is a fabulous company that brings a
variety of wood-mounted and clear stamp with 
coordinating designer papers and inks
to the paper-crafting community
and we are so happy to have them with us
here in The Cafe.

This week's prize...

These wonderful wood-mounted rubber stamps
are the focus of The Cafe Design Team's projects
for this week and we hope they inspire you to play.

It's so fun when we share designers in common
with our sponsors, which we
think simply amounts to
'very good taste.
 This time around it's our own
Suzanne Czosek

We invite you to also visit
Outside the Box
Memory Box's fabulous DT Blog.
There Suzanne will share another wonderful
'color splash' project with you.


Here's what the rest of our designers have done to inspire you.....

Savannah O'Gwynn ~ Savannahland2

Stephanie Kraft ~ HandKrafted by Stephanie

Ruby McGuire ~ Ruby 2 Shoes Design

Lisa Somerville ~ Splendiferous Creations

 Senior Designer
Julie Ranae ~ Julie's Open Window


Please follow the rules carefully to enter.
Deadline for prizes is 11:59pm EST on Tuesday
The 'Cup of the Week' will be announced during the next challenge.
ALL SKILL LEVELS ARE ENCOURAGED TO PLAY! 
We want you to enjoy this challenge. 
Interpret the colors the way you see them. 
We do not use specific card stock color names or brands.
Break out of the box and have fun! 
The main requirement is:
PDCC COLORS BE THE 
FOCUS OF YOUR SUBMISSION
When using additional colors, please limit them to neutrals. 
You are welcome to combine challenges, 
but we do ask that:
 1. The PDCC name and/or photo is used
2. OUR colors are the focus of the card.
 
See complete rules on sidebar at left



The Fab 4
The Cream in our Coffee
and
THE CUP of the WEEK

Another record player challenge has come to a close.
A very warm thank you to all who entered.
This challenge is only successful because of YOU
so please, PLEASE play with us again!


 This Week's Fab 4...
(in alphabetical order)

Kim C ~ PaperBabe

The Fab can proudly display the
'I Made the Fab 4'
badge on their blogs!


The Cream in our Coffee...
( honorable mentions in random order )

Kim Jansen
Cath
Steph
 
This group can proudly display the
'Cream in Our Coffee'
badge on their blogs!

and


The Cup of the Week...


Andrea ~ EwenStyle

Andrea wins the fabby prize package from

and can proudly display the 'Cup of the Week' Badge.
 
Andrea will also be eligible to be a
guest designer here in The Cafe.

Andrea, please contact Julie Ranae at julieranae@hotmail.com
with your mailing address to receive your prize.

26 comments:

  1. I'm a newbie here I just wanted to say that. Everyones cards on here are sooooo beautiful.

    Michelle : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to everyone mentioned this week! We're thrilled to see so many of you play with us each week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to the fab four, cream in our coffee and cup of the week! Fabulous cards by everyone!! Really enjoyed how everyone used the colors to create their projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful choices!!!
    Adding my link for this one as I cannot upload to "linky"
    I don't think he likes me!
    go to
    http://wwwpeggysamusement.blogspot.com/2010/07/play-date-cafe_6875.html
    thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG How exciting! Thanks for choosing me as one of the fab four!! Congrats to everyone!
    Love the new colour splash challenge too - can't wait to have a go!! The DT samples looks fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to all the winners - they are all fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohmygosh, i LOOOVE the design team's creations! they were so inspiring, made me want to play :)! thanks for the honorable mention, it means a lot! congrats to everyone! have a great day! *hugs* steph :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am happy you liked my card and I will offcourse display the badge on my blog.
    I loved so many of the entries last week. Can't wait to see what you all come up with this time.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. Exciting to see my name on the honorable mention list. Thank you! My name is spelt wrong though! Could you please correct it to GAYATRI, please?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations to all the talented winners!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would like to thank the academy... :D
    WOW...Thanks for choosing my card as Cup of the Week! What a wonderful honor & I can't wait to play with those yummy stamps as well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for mentioning my card this week, it was one of my favorites created. Lots of great entries.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for choosing my tunnel book as one of the 15 honorable mentions for The Dublin Style challenge! It was my first Play Date challenge and there were 125 entries. Wow! The Cream in Our Coffee badge is now proudly displayed on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. congrats to all the winners for last weeks challenge!!!
    OMG...love this weeks challenge!!!!! I am in :)
    I love the black + white with a splash of color!!!
    oh and memory box....how cool is that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats to all and weeeee, made fab 4!! Thanks ladies!!! Made my day!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats to all the winners-there were some awesome cards-not that they aren't this week!!! Fabulous creations with the colors, can't wait to play!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [29 Jul 12:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  18. thanks for the cream in your coffee badge, have a great weekend!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi!!
    Congrats to all winners. I enjoy this challenge.. very inspirational.
    I want to participated again.


    **Sony**
    Sonia-Studio60

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gosh, thanks so much for the honorable mention. Such gorgeous cards this round!!!

    lisa a.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations everyone! Thanks for the fun challenge and all the inspiration! I love this striking colour combination!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I had a lot of fun with this challenge, hee hee! Thanks for the inspiration! All of the samples are gorgeous, and congrats to the previous winners!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats to all of the winners and what a fabbie color challenge!! Love all of the DT's creations!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. As a first time visitor I am so impressed with all the beautiful cards. Love the pop of green with the black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I wouldn't want to have to choose from the collection this week. There isn't a single one that I don't think is lovely. Fabulous entries. X

    ReplyDelete
  26. You all have such gorgeous creations!!! I can only hope to become as creative as all of you.

    I'm soooooooo new to all of this and blog hops, etc., but would really like to play along and link creations, but I totally don't understand the inlinkz stuff. I do have a new blog, but not sure how to link anything. Can someone help me out so I understand better?

    ReplyDelete