Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Play Date Cafe Challenge PDCC39



Well it's time for a trip to another fabulous destination!

Julie Ranae is this week's host and throughout the rest of the
summer, she will be visiting a variety of wonderful places
with wonderful colors along the journey.

"The photos chosen for this week's 'color story' are
very special and personal to me.  You are working
with colors from 'The Russell Court Hotel' 
in the heart of Dublin, Ireland.
My husband and I stayed there over 20 years ago.
What's changed?  Not much.  The exterior is just
as I remember it and the interior is just as stunningly
beautiful.  I hope you enjoy working with these
wonderful muted colors this week.
My card goes along with the thoughts I had
all week long as I prepared for this challenge..."


You already know who our fabby sponsor is and our
talented Celebrity Guest Designer.
We are super excited to welcome Unity to
The Play Date Cafe.
Unity is one of the most relevant companies in rubber
stamping today and they have offered an
amazing prize package for one creative winner!

Lollipop Tree You & Me

Birdie Inspiration

Little Bugs

$75.00 worth of fabby stamps!
What a prize package, huh?!!!

Who better to be our Celebrity Guest Designer this week
than Unity Design Team Member & one of
Paper Crafts Magazine's 'Go-To Gals'
Maren Benedict!


"I live in Kennewick, WA with my husband and three boys (14, 9, 5). 
I started paper crafting a few years ago when a friend 
'made' me join a stamp club
I found it was the perfect way to play with all the 
girly things in my testosterone filled home!   
I currently work with Paper Crafts Magazine, 
Unity Stamp Company, Lizzie Anne Designs, and CPS."



Here's what the rest of our designers have done to inspire you.....

Suzanne Czosek ~ Suzz's Stamping Spot

Savannah O'Gwynn ~ Savannahland2

 Stephanie Kraft ~ HandKrafted by Stephanie

Ruby McGuire ~ Ruby 2 Shoes Design

Lisa Somerville ~ Splendiferous Creations

Senior Designer 
Sarah Anderson ~ The Art of Moodling


Please follow the rules carefully to enter.
Deadline for prizes is 11:59pm EST on Tuesday
The 'Cup of the Week' will be announced during the next challenge.
ALL SKILL LEVELS ARE ENCOURAGED TO PLAY! 
We want you to enjoy this challenge. 
Interpret the colors the way you see them. 
We do not use specific card stock color names or brands.
Break out of the box and have fun! 
The main requirement is:
PDCC COLORS BE THE 
FOCUS OF YOUR SUBMISSION
When using additional colors, please limit them to neutrals. 
You are welcome to combine challenges, 
but we do ask that:
 1. The PDCC name and/or photo is used
2. OUR colors are the focus of the card.
 
See complete rules on sidebar at left



The Fab 4
The Cream in our Coffee
and
THE CUP of the WEEK

Another record player challenge has come to a close.
A very warm thank you to all who entered.
This challenge is only successful because of YOU
so please, PLEASE play with us again!


 This Week's Fab 4...
(in alphabetical order)


The Fab can proudly display the
'I Made the Fab 4'
badge on their blogs!


The Cream in our Coffee...
( honorable mentions in random order )

Daniele
Esther
 
This group can proudly display the
'Cream in Our Coffee'
badge on their blogs!

and


The Cup of the Week...




Sally wins the fabby prize package from


and can proudly display the 'Cup of the Week' Badge.
 
Sally will also be eligible to be a
guest designer here in The Cafe.

Sally, please contact Julie Ranae at julieranae@hotmail.com
with your mailing address to receive your prize.



26 comments:

  1. Congrats ladies!!! Beautiful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to the winner and all the other entries, great inspriation and great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done to all the winners, and what lovely art from the DT for this week's gorgeous colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulation to all the winners. Can`t wait to start on this weeks challenge with those yummy colours.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to all the winners and thanks for choosing me for the Fab Four! Great samples for this week's colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats and these cards are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to the winners and loved all the fabulous entries last week! Definitely looking forward to this weeks entries!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to all the winners, and thanks for choosing my entry as one of your Creams in Your Coffee! So fun! Ooo! This new challenge is dreamy! I'm hoping to play along, but we're leaving on vacation early Saturday morning, so it might be a miracle to get it done around my kiddos and packing. Here's to hoping!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to the winners!! Can't wait to play!! Woohoo....I love Unity!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous color combination this week! Love the samples the DT created this week, each one is so different. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for choosing my card as cup of the week, I am thrilled.
    Sallyx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these rich colors! The samples are gorgeous, ladies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! I won the Fab 4?? I am so very, very excited! Thank you all so much! Can't wait to proudly display my badge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations artists!!!
    I love the color choices for this round!
    As usual, inlinx is cranky and won't let me post!
    If you wish to see mine

    http://wwwpeggysamusement.blogspot.com/2010/07/play-date-cafe_21.html
    I hope you can get by and thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats to the winners! What a gorgeous group of cards!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, ladies! These cards are positively breath taking! I have to admit, right off the top - WHAT a challenging palette! {But, of course, you made it looks EASY! hee hee} Thanks for the terrific inspo, as always! And a huge and mighty congrats to Sally and all of the lovely talent acknowledged in this here wonderful post! What a collection of super fabulous artists! Yipeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats everyone - lots of wonderful entries!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks a lot for the great recognition!!!!I'm so happy!!! You made my week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW, I was so excited to see I made the Fab 4! Thank you SO much! What an honor to be able to display the badge. Congratulations to all the other winners--lots of great inspiration there. I have already been playing with this week's colors--fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. WoWzA, FABulous DT samples ... way to go, Ladies! LOVE 'em!

    And thanks, Julie, for a fabulous color combination ... one of my very favorites! My l'il heart went pitter-patter when I saw it!

    Congrats to all the winners ... and thanks so much for another great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the color palette this week! So happy I was able to play along. The DT's samples are positively yummy and lots of great eye candy from the participants too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations to all the winners. The artwork from the design team is wonderful, as always. I love seeing the diverse range of art you all produce. Very inspirationl. Tracy Evans x

    ReplyDelete
  23. beautiful photo and wonderful colors! love all the design team's creations. they are gorgeous! have a great week! *hugs* steph :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. great submissions!!!! :)
    so bummed i have missed out on the past 2 Challenges...
    hoping to put an entry in for the new challenge this week :)

    ReplyDelete