Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Play Date Cafe Challenge PDCC37



Are you ready for a tour around the world?

Senior Designer, Julie Ranae is going to be
your tour guide each week that she hosts
beginning with this week's challenge.
Some week's, you will have very specific color
badges to work from and others, like this one,
will have a region of inspiration that will be
left open to much interpretation.

CHOOSE YOUR FAVORITE COLORS
FROM THE PHOTO ABOVE
FOR YOUR FOCUS THIS WEEK!

In keeping with our challenge rules,
we ask that you continue to make the
'color theme'
the focus of your project,
not the scene (although you are always welcome
to be literal with that as long as COLOR is the focus).

So let's head off to Provence, in the south of France...


Joining us on the journey this week is
celebrity guest designer...
Mariana Grigsby!

"I live in Northern Illinois with my husband 
and our two kids.  I am originally from Mexico 
where I was raised and went to College. 
My mom introduced me to the craft world 
many years ago, but it wasn't until 2006 
that I became addicted to it
I think I am very lucky to have a supportive husband 
who knows that I love crafting. 
I started blogging a year ago, just because 
I wanted to participate in challenges, 
and since then I have had a lot of fun. 
Currently  I am a Design Team Member of 
Embellish Magazine, Lawn Fawn Stamps and Jane's Doodles
which motivate me everyday to keep myself creating. 
You are very welcome to visit 



The 'Cup of the Week' for this week is going
to win this fabulous prize package...



Jelly Bean Designs is owned by our very own
design team member, Savannah O'Gwynn.


Here's what the rest of our designers have done to inspire you.....


Stephanie Kraft ~ HandKrafted by Stephanie


Ruby McGuire ~ Ruby 2 Shoes Design


Lisa Somerville ~ Splendiferous Creations


Suzanne Czosek ~ Suzz's Stamping Spot


Savannah O'Gwynn ~ Savannahland2


Senior Designer 
Sarah Anderson ~ The Art of Moodling



Please follow the rules carefully to enter.
Deadline for prizes is 11:59pm EST on Tuesday
The 'Cup of the Week' will be announced during the next challenge.
ALL SKILL LEVELS ARE ENCOURAGED TO PLAY! 
We want you to enjoy this challenge. 
Interpret the colors the way you see them. 
We do not use specific card stock color names or brands.
Break out of the box and have fun! 
The main requirement is:
PDCC COLORS BE THE 
FOCUS OF YOUR SUBMISSION
When using additional colors, please limit them to neutrals. 
You are welcome to combine challenges, 
but we do ask that:
 1. The PDCC name and/or photo is used
2. OUR colors are the focus of the card.
 
See complete rules on sidebar at left



The Fab 4
The Cream in our Coffee
and
THE CUP of the WEEK

Another challenge has come to a close.
A very warm thank you to all who entered.
This challenge is only successful because of YOU
so please, PLEASE play with us again!


 This Week's Fab 4...
(in alphabetical order)

 Leigh Ann ~ Stamping with Annie B
Lucille K ~ White Points
Marisa ~ Rosemary Reflections
Sharon B ~ Inklined to Stamp
 
The Fab can proudly display the
'I Made the Fab 4'
badge on their blogs!


The Cream in our Coffee...
( honorable mentions in random order )

Angie Tieman
 
This group can proudly display the
'Cream in Our Coffee'
badge on their blogs!

and


The Cup of the Week...


Jenny Johns ~ Jen's Cup of Creation

Jenny wins the New Release Stamp Set from


and can proudly display the 'Cup of the Week' Badge.
 
Jenny will also be eligible to be a
guest designer here in The Cafe.

Jenny, please contact Julie Ranae at julieranae@hotmail.com
with your mailing address to receive your prize.

20 comments:

  1. Thanks everyone for the recognition as a member of the Fab 4 in challenge 36! I appreciate the award very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, Thanks for the honorable mention .. Cream in Our Coffee, it's my first time for the challenge and I truly appreciate the warm welcome, I hope to be a regular visitor and challenge player :) What great challenge this wk!

    Thanks
    -C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for giving me a "cream in our coffee" ... well done to all the entrants and all the winners .......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to the Cup of the week, the cream in our coffee and the fab four! Great entries by everyone and loved how you interpreted the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to this week's recognition recipients, and thanks for another really inspiring colour scheme - I adore anything remotely "Provencal" so I can't wait to have a play with this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to the Cup of the Week and thank you for putting my card in the Fab 4! It made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH my gosh, I am totally shocked that I'm the cup of the week! THANK YOU THANK YOU, you made my day!!! CONGRATS to the 'FAB 4' and the 'Cream'...I LOVE seeing the inspiration on this site!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the Fab 4 selection! What a wonderful way to start my day!!! Congrats to the other winners as well :D So glad I found you and hope to be able to play often -- though summer is a bit tricky with the kids home all day LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for putting my card in the Fab 4, I cannot contain my smile. And, big congrats to the Cup of the Week and Cream in our Coffee folks :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. absolutely EVERYTHING is fabulous! beautiful cards and woooooooo hoooooo to all the winners!!! fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [08 Jul 12:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a fan of Mariana's!! What a treat to see her guest designing here! Loving all the DT's fabulous cards! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations to those selected, well done and deserved!!!
    When I think of Provence, I think sunflowers!!!
    So, that's what I did!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh I can't wait to play along in my very first challenge with The Play Date Cafe!!! Will be submitting a card this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another fun challenge, since I didn't win last week's I went and bought the Lawn Fawn stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  16. fantastic cards everyone.. Congrats and Jen.. I so love your card. Big Congrats Girl!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. everyone's cards are awesome...tons of great ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an awesome challenge....a gorgeous Inspiration photo! Your samples are amazing! Thanks and God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great challenge, awesome DT creations, and congrats to all of the winners!!! This challenge... I had tons of fun with!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Julie I finally did it, came over and played, thanks 4 the invitation this challenge was so much fun. I even made my own sketch to play!

    ReplyDelete