Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Play Date Cafe Challenge PDCC24



Who wouldn't love to have this lovely bouquet of color
on your dining room table?!

A very exciting week here in The Cafe as we welcome
'celebrity' Guest Designer & sponsor
Kristen Powers.


Kristen is an artist/illustrator and has designed rubber
stamp images for a number of years. She's recently
launched a new line of clear stamps,
hand-carved and digital images available
through her blog, Kpink.

Along with Mona's fabulous color selection above,
we were also inspired to use a digital-stamp image
designed by Kristen, especially for The Play Date Cafe.
You will know these images by their fun 'Cafe' theme.


A few of our designers created cards with general rubber
stamps to give you a variety of ideas using this week's colors.

Now...meet Lisa Somerville
Your host for this week's challenge.


"I started stamping about 8 years ago and like many people 
I was introduced through a 'home party'. So I bought a few 
things just to help out my friend who was the hostess.
  I bought an Iris Cart to store my stamping supplies,
thinking I'd have enough room. 
Little by little, one stamp led to two, then three, 
you get the idea.  I outgrew my Iris Cart rather quickly.  
I now have a wonderful studio where I create.
Barely a day goes by where you don't find me 
stamping late into the night!  
Stamping has brought out my creativity and 
brought some wonderful friendships into my life."

  
Here's what our other designers have done to inspire you.....


Suzanne Czosek ~ Suzz's Stamping Spot


Savannah O'Gwynn ~ Savannahland


'Private Blend' Designer  
Mona Pendleton ~ Cupcake's Creations

  
Julie Ranae ~ Julie's Open Window


Stephanie Kraft ~ HandKrafted by Stephanie


Ruby McGuire ~ Ruby 2 Shoes Design


Sarah ~ The Art of Moodling






The prize for this week is $15 
in digital stamps
from Kristen Powers Ink.

Please follow the rules carefully to enter.
Deadline for prizes is 11:59pm EST on Tuesday
The 'Cup of the Week' will be announced during the next challenge.
ALL SKILL LEVELS ARE ENCOURAGED TO PLAY! 
We want you to enjoy this challenge. 

Interpret the colors the way you see them. 
We do not use specific card stock color names or brands.
Break out of the box and have fun! 

The main requirement is:
PDCC COLORS BE THE FOCUS OF YOUR SUBMISSION
When using additional colors, please limit them to neutrals. 
You are welcome to combine challenges, 
but we do ask that:
 1. The PDCC name and/or photo is used
2. OUR colors are the focus of the card.
 
See complete rules on sidebar at right






The Fab 4
The Cream in our Coffee
and
THE CUP of the WEEK

Another challenge has come to a close.
A very warm thank you to all who entered.
This challenge is only successful because of YOU so please, PLEASE play with us again!

 The Play Date Cafe congratulates 
The Fab 4 for Challenge #23:
(in alphabetical order)


The Fab can proudly display the
'I Made the Fab 4'
badge on their blogs!



The Cream in our Coffee
( make sure you see this talent, too! )

Brenda
Monica
Sema
Victoria
Kathe
  Magdalena
Trinh
Jaclyn M
Karen B
Kate

 
and The Play Date Cafe Cup of the Week...


 Maddy Hill ~ Mad Imaginations

Maddy wins a Designer Paper grab bag and can proudly display
the 'Play Date Cafe Winner' Badge.


Maddy will also be eligible to be 
a Guest Designer here in the Cafe.
Maddy please contact me at julieranae@hotmail.com
with your mailing address



20 comments:

  1. WOW--congrats to the winners! All of the projects were WONDERFUL--great job everyone:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to the cream of the crop, the fab four, and our winner! Fantastic cards by everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you design team, designers, and everyone! Congratulations to everyone! I'm so honored to be included in this group. This blog really touched and impressed me with such a fantastic design team. My inbox was filled with encouragement all this week! I know so little about blogs I'm hoping I can figure out this badge! I'll proudly display it! Thanks again. Looking forward to playing again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to all the art winners!!!
    you continue to inspire me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to all this week's winners. I dream of being good enough one day!! I also love the little thumbnail shots of the entries you give - great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Maddy - perfection as always and well done to everyone. Thank you to the DT for the acknowledgment of being The Cream in Your Coffee (what a lovely thing to be)
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for making my card one of the FAB 4 I will proudly display the badge. Congratulations to all the winners!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to the winners, and good job with these colours girls! Mona, your card is GORGEOUS - I can't wait until you upload it to SCS so I can fav it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations all! Wonderful and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations to all! Beautiful inspiration with these cards!! Thanks you for including me as cream in your coffee - I appreciate all the kind things people posted on my blog. The colors for this week are gorgeous, and I can't wait ot play again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats to all the winners! Thanks to everyone who played along last week, we had ton's of beautiful entries!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww, thanks ladies!!! This color challenge was right up my alley as I love blues!!! There were so many great creations with it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats to all the winners :)
    Love the colors in the new challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats to all the winners & thanks to all who played along! So many fabulous, creative people around the world! Thanks for sharing your talent with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing samples, ladies! There is a lot of talent here! I love looking at your challenges every week and hope to play as well! Thanks for lots of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you to the amazing inspiration from the DT that allowed me to be inspired ! i saw the amazing samples and just loved each one..I rummage frantically through my stash for suitable paper !

    thank you for picking me cup of the week whooo hoooooo and congratulations to the other winners too ! x
    hugs
    maddy x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the recognition and ALL the lovely comments! Truly inspiring! Off to make a little something that I hope will work!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats to all the winners - awesome cards! Now off to make my card for the next challenge...

    ReplyDelete
  19. I enjoyed reading about Lisa and seeing her picture. She is one of the first blogs I started lurking on when I was startedlearning about blogs and really admired her creations.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Everyone is creating so many beautiful things--takes my breath away! I'll be jumping in this week...miss the challenges! Hope you're all having a wonderful week...Great colors, Sarah! Julie--lots of rest, please!

    ReplyDelete