Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Play Date Cafe Challenge PDCC08


Are you having fun with the Cafe Challenge?  You must be as we had our largest number of players this past week.  I know the designers are having a ball working on creative color combos for the New Year and there are surprises coming as well.  I can tell you that we have a VERY exciting sponsor for the first challenge of 2010, so now is the time to get your feet wet and
have some fun with us!
We also have our very first Guest Designer who was chosen by our design team.  Mona Pendleton of Cupcake's Creations will be joining us for two of our December challenges.
We love her style and we think you will too!
 
This week's design host is Alison
Alison gave us an extra opportunity to be creative with a her own digi-stamp line from Stretch N' Bubbles.
We would love for you to play along with this week's challenge using this or any of her adorable images, but as always, play along with the medium you love best!  If you are new to digi-stamps, Alison has a fabulous tutorial on how easy they are to use.
You can see what is available by clicking here

Here is what Alison had to say about this week's inspiration...

When I was looking for my inspiration my thoughts kept coming back to my three favorite colors for the holiday's, Red, Lime Green, and Bright Pink. I just love the way these three colors compliment each other so well, yet they create such a fun and funky pallet to play with. I wanted to make this weeks challenge fun, light and playful.. so these were the perfect colors.. I hope you will join us in playing this week.
I can't WAIT to see what you create..


Here are projects from our other designers to help inspire you.....



 Julie ~ A Vintage Chic
 




Mona Pendleton ~ Cupcake's Creations
Guest Designer for December



The prize for this week is 4 digi-stamps of your choice from




Stretch N' Bubbles

Please follow the rules carefully to enter
Deadline for prizes is 11:59pm EST on Tuesday
Cafe Spotlight will be announced during the next challenge.
ALL SKILL LEVELS ARE ENCOURAGED TO PLAY! 
We want you to enjoy this challenge, so interpret the colors the way you see them. We are not using specific card stock color names nor brands for our challenges, so you can really break out of the box and have some fun. What we do ask is that the colors that are in the challenge BE our focal colors...when using additional colors, please limit them to neutrals. You are welcome to combine challenges, but we do ask that 1. They be used for the first time here 2. You mention in your post that you are playing (better yet, display our color challenge photo) and 3. OUR colors are the focus of the card.

See complete rules on sidebar at right
TO LEAVE A COMMENT, PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO WINNERS SPOTLIGHT


THIS WEEK'S SPOTLIGHT & FAB 4


 
Challenge #7 has come to a close.
A very warm thank you to all who entered.
This challenge is only successful because of YOU so please, PLEASE play with us again!

          The Play Date Cafe is pleased to present 
The Fab 4 for Challenge #7:
(in alphabetical order)



 Gloria Stengel ~ Scraps of Life 
Julia ~ Indiana Julia and Her Temple of Crafting 
Melisa Waldorf ~ ATC's & Inchies
Sammye Jo #2 ~ 62Cards


The Fab 4 can proudly display the
'I Made the Fab 4'
badge on their blogs!



and in The Play Date Cafe Feature Spotlight...




Alice wins a $25 stamper/scrapper prize package and can proudly display the 'Play Date Cafe Winner' Badge.



  Alice will also be eligible to be a Guest Designer 
here in the Cafe.
Alice please contact me at julieranae@hotmail.com
with your mailing address

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED!

17 comments:

  1. Congratulations everyone. Gorgeous projects.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow another great colour combo, very bright and vibrant. Will look forward to playing along at the weekend. Px

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thanks, I will display the badge! Loved everyone's projects! Fun color combo and beautiful DT work this week, will try to play again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apologies to Melisa for the wrong link there. I'm sure Julie'll fix it once she's up (3am her time) But here's Melisa's link
    http://atcs-by-melisa.blogspot.com/2009/12/play-date-cafe-challenge-blog.html
    Well done on getting to the fab four :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Fab4 and Alice, looking forward to seeing this weeks challenges. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this week's combo and the image is fabulous.

    congrats to the winners. awesome work!

    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I just joined and am excited to get to play in the weekly challenges. Please FORGIVE my post for this weeks challenge. I'm just learning how to link and #2, takes you to my blg (SORRY!) #3 is right and links to the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the Fab 4! It was my first time playing and I really love how you do your color challenges! I hope to come back and play this week! Great samples from the DT and kudos to the other Fab 4 winners!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh WOW!! So cool to make the Fab 4! Thanks ladies.

    Love these colors and all of your projects! "Gladys" is cracking me up! It made me giggle! I downloaded one of the Stretch and Bubbles images, now just have to find time to play! Thanks for the inpspiration ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. congrats, everyone! love the new colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much all for the Fab 4! I will display it proudly!!! LOVE the combo for this week. Alison it is great! You know I will be back!!! Great job DT!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whoaaaaa!!! So not my colours but I played anyway!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I struggled with these colours, but eventually came up with something. Not a stamp in site this week, sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow! very nice cards! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very lovely cards by the DT!!
    With this great color scheme I think I might have made a Spring/Easter card. I have it posted in Mr Linky.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love those colours, they are so vibrant. Thanks for the great DT creations. Petra.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Scrapbooking Challenges & Competitions search engine today (look for timestamp: 14 Dec [LA 05:10pm, NY 08:10pm] - 15 Dec [UK 01:10am, OZ 12:10pm] ).

    ReplyDelete