Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Play Date Cafe Challenge #10



Happy New Year!

The Play Date Cafe Design Team is ready to hit the ground running with an all new challenge this week.
Before we get to our design inspiration, we want to thank our  
December Guest Designer  
Mona Pendleton of Cupcake's Creations
for inspiring us with her fabulous designs.
Look for our next guest designer coming in January!
 
This week's design host is Sarah.
Many of you have commented on how fun it has been to get to see UK-inspired creations
and we know we can always count on our Sarah's unique perspective!

Here is what Sarah had to say about this week's inspiration...

"I've been crocheting a lot recently.  When I saw a card with some tiny crocheted flowers, I decided I'd give it a go.  This week's colours come from a necklace a friend bought me earlier this year.  If you need new colour inspiration, or just want a bit of a jump start to get going on a project, looking at something you own for a colour combo should always be successful - after all, you chose the accessory/clothing because YOU liked it!!  In certain lights this necklace is more of an orange with turquoise and brown but during the transition from camera to computer it's become a more dusky pink. So your challenge this week is to use
turquoise        brown        dusky pink
as the main colours in a project of your choice."




Here are projects from our other designers to help inspire you.....












 Julie Ranae ~ Julie's Open Window

 

Mona Pendleton ~ Cupcake's Creations
Guest Designer for December


The prize for this week is $20 in stamping and scrapping supplies from a variety of companies.
Please follow the rules carefully to enter.

Deadline for prizes is 11:59pm EST on Tuesday
Cafe Spotlight will be announced during the next challenge.
ALL SKILL LEVELS ARE ENCOURAGED TO PLAY! 
We want you to enjoy this challenge, so interpret the colors the way you see them. We are not using specific card stock color names nor brands for our challenges, so you can really break out of the box and have some fun. What we do ask is that the colors that are in the challenge be OUR focal colors...when using additional colors, please limit them to neutrals. You are welcome to combine challenges, but we do ask that 1. They be used for the first time here 2. You mention in your post that you are playing (better yet, display our color challenge photo) and 3. OUR colors are the focus of the card.

See complete rules on sidebar at right
TO LEAVE A COMMENT, PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO WINNERS SPOTLIGHT





THE CUP OF THE WEEK & FAB 4



Challenge #9 has come to a close.
A very warm thank you to all who entered.
This challenge is only successful because of YOU so please, PLEASE play with us again!

          The Play Date Cafe is pleased to present 
The Fab 4 for Challenge #9:
(in alphabetical order)

Hels ~ Ink on my Fingers
Lyneen ~ I am Dreaming of Castles
PetraB ~ Kunterbunt Cottage
Teresa Kline ~ Enjoy the VA Sunshine

The Fab can proudly display the
'I Made the Fab 4'
badge on their blogs!




and The Play Date Cafe Cup of the Week...





Darlene wins a $20 stamper/scrapper prize package and can proudly display the 'Play Date Cafe Winner' Badge.




  Darlene will also be eligible to be 
a Guest Designer here in the Cafe.
Darlene please contact me at julieranae@hotmail.com
with your mailing address

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED!


21 comments:

  1. Beautiful samples of inspiration girls! Thank you so much for having me as your Guest :) It has been all my pleasure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WooHoo, thanks for picking me for the Top 4 again..bless you xx Loving the new challenge colours...am off to see what I can come up with xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I'm so thrilled you chose my creation this week! Congrats to the Top 4 recipients also!! What wonderful inspiration the DT is for me as well as the other ladies who play along ... awesome work ladies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous work ladies and congrats to the winners! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to all winners!
    great color combo and fab DT's work.
    Happy New Year to all of you, see you next year...

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks ladies, what a fabulous way to end the year....your colors this week are aaaaahhh...I likey.....Happy New Year to all!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Scrapbooking Challenges & Competitions search engine today (look for timestamp: 31 Dec [LA 04:00pm, NY 07:00pm] - 01 Jan [UK 12:00am, OZ 11:00am] ).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for inviting me over Julie, love your blog and looks like a lot of very creative talent here, look forward to 2010, I know it's going to be good!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations to all the winners!!!
    Happy new years!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi ladies :)
    Julie thanks for visiting my blog :)
    Wow this challenge is graet I love the colous :) Tomorrow I will make a card for this Challenge :)
    Hugs from Poland
    Pejtoon

    ReplyDelete
  11. Here's a card I made with these colours for inspiration http://jacksjunk.wordpress.com/2010/01/02/january-2nd-2010/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these colours, but still had to scratch my head to incorporate them, however, I got there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great challenge again!
    Unfortunately I am out of turquoise cardstock, so I used blue instead, but there's turquoise in the stripes. Hope you like it.
    DT-cards are fab.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the colours I think they go so well together.
    Congratulations to all the winners
    Happy New Year to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the colors of this challenge! Great choices=) I had fun making my entry.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for the wonderful colour challenge - I use brown and pink a lot, but haven't ever introduced turquoise! You gals are truly inspirational, and I'm blown away with your creations! Hope to play again soon.
    Hugs from a hot and dusty Australia!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Julie! Thanks for inviting me here - had a blast playing and I will surely be back next week! LOVED the color combo (no surprise - anything turquoise works for me!) :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great color combo to play with, esp. when snowed in in southwest Michigan. Thanks for the challenge. Bonita

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy New Year to all of you and thank you so much for picking me as one of the fab4 for the last challenge.
    Again a great challenge this time and fab creations from the DT. Petra.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice post, you give the clear idea of the topic and I subscribed your blog, I have some links to share here
    Buy Clonazepam online

    ReplyDelete